Create an account  

Starpoint Gemini 1 detailed Summary

I own the first game, but I unfortunately do not have the time to play it.
Can someone post a DETAILED synopsis of the events that happened? I've read the story was amazing and I hope the story of the 2nd game matches the feat.

I'm preparing something in that regards. I would like to make an entire short story on first game, but was wondering if it would maybe spoil everything for those that didn't and would like to play first game?

I'd like to play the first game and have no issue paying the $5 price tag for it, but it really sounds like the second one is going to be everything the first was, but better. So realistically, while I'd likely buy it, the odds of me playing it through are pretty slim (unless the SPG2 story requires it or is so awesome I must go back and see the first too), because I have SPG2 to play instead!

Just me, but I'd certainly appreciate at least a rough rundown on what it's all about.

I just finished SPG I :D
Kinda sad I uninstalled it, so I can't check the mission logs, but here's a brief rundown from what I can remember. This isn't everything though :|
As Mario mentioned,

SPOILERS (is there a spoiler tag on these forums?)

The player character (Captain Cameron Conner of the Midnight Ferret :D) was a member of the special forces for the original Gemini League during the first war. He was off on patrol during the starpoint incident, and was trapped in a stasis rift. 20 years later, he is pulled out by Dr. Elenor Ridley. Eventually he meets General Dimitri, a surviving League member, and start about reforming the Gemini League. Sometime after, he helps Ridley pull Dmitry Kuzhev out of a stasis rift and then captures Gilgamesh station. Then a meeting between the major factions(Nix, Baeldor, Korkya, and the Gemini League as "bodyguards" for Nexus) was held at Solomon Station in the Junction sector. Unfortunately, the meeting is a trap set by the Colonial Directorate, who basically take over.

Next, he helps Judicator Derrik win a rebellion against the Korkyan/Directorate government. After dealing with a traitor and destroying Freiburg station, he goes and assists with another rebellion against the Baeldor/Directorate government, this one lead by Carlos Figeroa. Then Nix and Directorate forces attack Tesla station because of Nexus's research into stasis rift technology. Because of Nexus's support of their operations, the League "fleet" tries to defend Tesla, but is outmatched and retreats to Gilgamesh. Tesla's leader, T. Scott, reveals that the Nixians stole some technology that could allow the Directorate to reopen the Starpoint. Desperately calling on their Baeldor and Korkyan allies, the entire(kinda) Gemini League fleet goes to the Twins sector to stop the reopening of the starpoint. As Baeldor forces invade Nix space, and Korkyan fleets secure the Junction sector, the League fleet arrives at the Starpoint too late, and Empire ships (In game they were identified as Directorate ships :|) came through. The Empire sent a Leviathan, but it is destroyed by the League fleet.

The player character is ordered by General Dimitri to leave the battle and hack the T-Gate, trapping the Empire and the rest of the Gemini League fleet in the Twins sector.
This was the end of the original game. Stuff happened in Timebreach, but I don't have that :(

There's a very general summary of the game :D
As much as I like to hear that everyone isn't dead like I thought they were, I don't know how they got out of the Twins without the T-Gate :|

Also, Steiger could have soloed the entire Empire fleet. Easy. :D
Everything is better with spaceships.
~PersonOne

I wondered more the aspect of time-space anomalies and alterations.
Also, what exactly is the starpoint incident?

(05-22-2014, 07:11 AM)PersonOne Wrote: I just finished SPG I Big Grin
Kinda sad I uninstalled it, so I can't check the mission logs, but here's a brief rundown from what I can remember. This isn't everything though :|
As Mario mentioned,

SPOILERS (is there a spoiler tag on these forums?)

The player character (Captain Cameron Conner of the Midnight Ferret Big Grin) was a member of the special forces for the original Gemini League during the first war. He was off on patrol during the starpoint incident, and was trapped in a stasis rift. 20 years later, he is pulled out by Dr. Elenor Ridley. Eventually he meets General Dimitri, a surviving League member, and start about reforming the Gemini League. Sometime after, he helps Ridley pull Dmitry Kuzhev out of a stasis rift and then captures Gilgamesh station. Then a meeting between the major factions(Nix, Baeldor, Korkya, and the Gemini League as "bodyguards" for Nexus) was held at Solomon Station in the Junction sector. Unfortunately, the meeting is a trap set by the Colonial Directorate, who basically take over.

Next, he helps Judicator Derrik win a rebellion against the Korkyan/Directorate government. After dealing with a traitor and destroying Freiburg station, he goes and assists with another rebellion against the Baeldor/Directorate government, this one lead by Carlos Figeroa. Then Nix and Directorate forces attack Tesla station because of Nexus's research into stasis rift technology. Because of Nexus's support of their operations, the League "fleet" tries to defend Tesla, but is outmatched and retreats to Gilgamesh. Tesla's leader, T. Scott, reveals that the Nixians stole some technology that could allow the Directorate to reopen the Starpoint. Desperately calling on their Baeldor and Korkyan allies, the entire(kinda) Gemini League fleet goes to the Twins sector to stop the reopening of the starpoint. As Baeldor forces invade Nix space, and Korkyan fleets secure the Junction sector, the League fleet arrives at the Starpoint too late, and Empire ships (In game they were identified as Directorate ships :|) came through. The Empire sent a Leviathan, but it is destroyed by the League fleet.

The player character is ordered by General Dimitri to leave the battle and hack the T-Gate, trapping the Empire and the rest of the Gemini League fleet in the Twins sector.
This was the end of the original game. Stuff happened in Timebreach, but I don't have that Sad

There's a very general summary of the game Big Grin
As much as I like to hear that everyone isn't dead like I thought they were, I don't know how they got out of the Twins without the T-Gate :|

Also, Steiger could have soloed the entire Empire fleet. Easy. Big Grin

Thanks for sharing short storyline. While we're at spoilers, let's "ruin" Timebreach as well - in that dlc you and Ridley are meddling further with already advanced stasis technology, and accidentaly open a Time breach where stasis rift, as a conduit, transfers you several years into future Gemini. There you can obtain a few ships schematics for future ships (that are now introduced to SPG2).

Oh, and regarding Steiger - good observation, that maniac always loved battles with 1:50 ratio Smile

Last detail, but I don't want to spoil second game - just a few members survived final battle at sector zero, and T-Gates were closed, true. There were a few means of escape left - using cloak and stasis technology, and only remaining "passage" - reopened Starpoint...

(05-22-2014, 07:59 AM)Dark_Ansem Wrote: I wondered more the aspect of time-space anomalies and alterations.
Also, what exactly is the starpoint incident?

Basically, fabric of space in Gemini was always fragile. Starpoint Incident pushed that delicate "construction" to very verge of breaching.

During uprising in Gemini, Empire already had rebellions in other imperial colonies, and Directorate (imperial government branch in Gemini) had a strict orders to seal off Gemini in case war was lost (to prevent spilling over into mainspace). When it was obvious League will prevail in the war, Directorate forces withdrew to Starpoint and just before they evacuated to Earth, a huge subspace device was detonated with intention to render Starpoint Gate useless. That procedure was known as Directive Nine. Problem was, fragile space in Gemini was utterly annihilated by detonation, and entire system was irreversibly changed. Countless stasis rifts appeared (trapping various ships and isolating them from time-space flow), planets near Starpoint were scorched (Carthagena), and massive destruction prevented Gemini League to finish unification of now free Gemini. In essence, Starpoint Incident "stole" already secured victory for rebels in civil war. Gemini was dismantled into several state-faction that tried to put together pieces of their lives separately...

Hope this helps picture a bit more detailed preview of Gemini...

It does a bit.
Time-space is always fragile then in Gemini.

what kind of superstructure is starpoint tho?

Starpoint is an installation that is constructed to stabilize the only possible "shortcut" to Empire. Each of the far reaching imperial provinces has one Starpoint gate (Starpoint Orion, Starpoint Sirius ...). When first ships found a way into Gemini system, they travelled via dangerous and erratic space rift. Many were damaged or destroyed (or exited who knows where...) and that prevented easy colonization. For that reason, imperial forces always embarked to construct Starpoint at the beginning of each new colonization...

I just love how Starpoint looks...