Current time: 09-30-2014, 12:19 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Current time: 09-30-2014, 12:19 PM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
THE SP-GOLDEN RECORD CONTEST IS HERE
07-04-2014, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 03:36 PM by Hplx_ICE.)
THE SP-GOLDEN RECORD CONTEST IS HERE
Greetings everybody! It’s time for another contest!

Please read the following instructions and submit your Golden Record in this thread, all file formats are basically accepted for submission. However, not all file formats are accepted by the forum! So, if you're experiencing any troubles with uploading your proposal, or if your file exceeds 5mb, we ask you to submit your idea via community@starpointgemini.com.

Welcome all participants!!

1977, the cold war, NASA sends out 2 Voyager space crafts into deep space containing a Golden Gramophone with sounds and images representing Earth’s culture, science, nature, languages and DNA. The records are intended for any intelligent extraterrestrial life form, or for future humans…

We can only wonder if these Global Records will ever be found in the vast Gemini system, but if one does, it must make an impact! What would you like to send into deep space? Submit your idea in any format (audio/image/text/video) you seem fit and maybe you will come across your Golden Record while exploring Starpoint Gemini 2!

The top 5 best submissions will be put in the game and win a limited edition T-shirt! #SPGoldenRecord

[Image: 10494944_10201327339864800_4677822655072480313_o.jpg]

Contest rules:
1. Participants can construct their message in any form of medium that suits them best: text, audio, visual art, diagrams etc. It is not permitted to construct the message via multiple media, e.g. text AND audio.
2. All entries must be signed with the author's name (or Alias) and submitted to the designated forum thread or e-mail address (community@starpointgemini.com) before the 14th of July this year.
3. The entry must be in digital format and within reasonable size. No visual entry should be bigger than 1920*1080. The maximum amount of words for the text is 240. The maximum length of the audio/video is 90 seconds.
4. Entries should be free of any copyright.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 01:58 PM
RE: THE SP-GOLDEN RECORD CONTEST IS HERE
Loving this contest. Would only vote for 3D printed model of ingame ship as a reward Smile
07-04-2014, 02:04 PM
I will try to participate this time Big Grin
07-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Good luck to all participants. I already look forward to your ideas. They are certain to be very amusing and inspirational Smile
07-04-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure if we are ready for any alien visit at this point. So we might benefit of making ourselves seem hostile Tongue

[Image: 10440663_10201327245422439_1489082792996656845_n.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-04-2014, 03:58 PM
haha. i love this! scaring them as prevention Smile
07-04-2014, 04:43 PM
ok here's mine:
1)
Our screams will never reach you, so heed this warning..... BEWARE THE EMPIRE!!!

2)
Join the Empire... or sleep with the fallen

3)
crew man: Captain our cannons are fried!!
captain: Very well.... bring engines to full, ram them.
07-04-2014, 06:17 PM
my favourite is number 2 Smile
07-04-2014, 06:24 PM
I'm gonna be the odd one out in this contest, wanna try and think of something to honor my father who would have loved this game.

Feel free to watch my beta testing streams, they're boring, but hey, beta testing excitement!!!! http://www.twitch.tv/fujibayashiryou And remember, CLANNAD IS LIFE! Check out Rockleetist's debut original https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2Y6UDa...e=youtu.be
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2014, 07:23 PM
In our fear of invasion we sent albums containing dubstep music into space, to let aliens know there's no intelligent life on Earth. It's been working so far. - rsilverblood

(Sorry, I had to. Too good an opportunity to pass up.)