Create an account  

[Map]Its the Universe! And my how she is pretty

Hello All,

*Update: Here's a link to the Region map on the SPG2 Official website - Seriously can't believe I hadn't seen this before!!!!!! - While its not the in-game map like the one I made (showing stations etc) it details and shows the different regions of the universe and provides some tasty lore and back ground information on the selected region. - http://www.starpointgemini.com/index.php?p=4&id=2 - I highly recommend you check it out especially if your hungering after SGP2 Lore as much as I am Wink

Over the last few days while hunting for bugs I've managed to fly myself manually (just back and forth across the map and yes manually no T-gate useage here)

So I thought how nice would it be to have a full size StarChart outside of the game as ingame we can't see it in all its glory.

NOTE: There will be some glitches in the image as I've had to use about 15 Layers to hide the unhideable StarChart HUD.

Warning the full size map is 3443 x 3432 and weighs in at a whooping 12,432KB

So I'll provide a link over to photobucket where I uploaded it.

WARNING: This is the full size map and at 12mb it can take a while to load.
http://i2.minus.com/iNLBMA0Vsqxna.png

This is a much lower resolution version so you can see what its like =D

[Image: MapFullRez.png~original]
Plan B is the same as plan A but with the element of panic.

(09-10-2013, 07:27 PM)MarioMihokovic Wrote: Phlintlock, I'm gonna name my firstborn after you Smile

Phlintlock, I'm gonna name my firstborn after you Smile
The amount of your stamina is immense!
Btw, thanks for the bug reports (you just might be a tester of the monthSmile )

You sick man !

Great work and many thanks Smile Now go and rest bit will you?

"Phlintlock" would surely fit an exploration module ingame :p Or even a cartographer of old !

+rep !

haha thanks both of you.

I've just spent the last 4 hours transcribing the Station names from mouse-overs onto this map =).

So I should have that done soon, then I'm going to go through the Faction Space and mark it out on the map.

I'm trying to work out how I could put this in say - Adobe PDF so i can set the station names in a Menu on the right and have to navigate you to it on the map =)

If not my friends a Web Dev and he thinks we might be able to put together an interactive map that allows the users to turn on and off station names Etc And he's offered to help me out with it for free =D.

(09-10-2013, 07:27 PM)MarioMihokovic Wrote: Phlintlock, I'm gonna name my firstborn after you Smile

Congratulations on finishing it.

Cheers SlavePuppet,

I've updated the link, it now points to the new map which has all of the stations names next to the station icons.

Kind Regards,
Phlintlock.

Damn this is nice! Thank you for this map! Smile

I think there are people here on forum that just need to be named in game end credits! Big Grin
[Image: 12020.png]

(09-11-2013, 09:00 AM)zzokalj Wrote: I think there are people here on forum that just need to be named in game end credits! Big Grin

Amen !

I think I have first few titles for future expansions: Starpoint Gemini 2: Phlintlock's travels, Starpoint Gemini 2: SlavePuppet returns home and Starpoint Gemini 2: T... wait, where is the rest of the name? Smile

Hahhaa, lol...

Starpoint Gemini 2 is back with new DLC. T...

Did you dream about T...? Do you know what it is? Where is it located? What does it stand for? Can you eat it? Or at least blow it to pieces?

T... Coming soon

Ready your beams and clean your turrets cause T.. is coming to your galaxy.
[Image: 12020.png]