Create an account  

[Map]Its the Universe! And my how she is pretty

(01-30-2014, 10:37 PM)Tanvaras Wrote: If anyone would like a challenge, I actually took the time to travel from the top left corner to the bottom left corner of the Galaxy map without using "Power to Engines" the other day. Trust me, grab a coffee and some food and sit back and enjoy the ride, it is a lot of fun Smile

was the ride full of encounters but also with moments of peace in empty space, gazing at the landscape?

EDIT: is the SOL system (earth) in the game?

With a speed of 200 it takes around 18 mins going corner to corner
" Ah duct tape turning no no no in to mmpht mmpht mmpht for over 50 years"

[Image: 549193_10153678357335271_1892220275_n.jpg]
I7 950 @3.3 GHZ
16 GIG DDR3 RAM
Strix GTX 970 OC EDITION
WIN 10 64

(01-31-2014, 08:31 AM)Dark_Ansem Wrote:
(01-30-2014, 10:37 PM)Tanvaras Wrote: If anyone would like a challenge, I actually took the time to travel from the top left corner to the bottom left corner of the Galaxy map without using "Power to Engines" the other day. Trust me, grab a coffee and some food and sit back and enjoy the ride, it is a lot of fun Smile

was the ride full of encounters but also with moments of peace in empty space, gazing at the landscape?

EDIT: is the SOL system (earth) in the game?

There are more and less populated parts of space. As for the Earth solar system... can't disclose that...spoiler alert Smile

ahhh ok then Big Grin thanks!

in terms of light years, how big is the Starpoint gemini 2 galaxy you'd feel? including all sectors, also outlaw ones.

Well, not very sure how to convert our units to lightyears. But map is rather big, and it is not all territory you'll be travelling to...

(02-02-2014, 12:20 AM)MarioMihokovic Wrote: Well, not very sure how to convert our units to lightyears. But map is rather big, and it is not all territory you'll be travelling to...

maybe if you use the real life "Goldilocks zone" math and work it out from their ??

it simple just use this Astronomers use stellar flux and the inverse-square law to extrapolate cirumstellar-habitable-zone models created for the Solar System to other stars. For example, while the Solar System has a circumstellar habitable zone centered at 1.34 AU from the Sun,[1] a star with 0.25 times the luminosity of the Sun would have a habitable zone centered at \sqrt{0.25}, or 0.5, the distance from the star, corresponding to a distance of 0.67 AU. Various complicating factors, though, including the individual characteristics of stars themselves, mean that extrasolar extrapolation of the CHZ concept is more complex.

honestly i didnt look this up and copy and paste it on here i knew this from birth Big Grin

just dome some math Smile and our planet is around 149,600,000 km from the sun so say we are in the middle of the zone now use that a a base score and scale it up or down to match the size of each sun in the game Smile and again i didn't look it up lol
" Ah duct tape turning no no no in to mmpht mmpht mmpht for over 50 years"

[Image: 549193_10153678357335271_1892220275_n.jpg]
I7 950 @3.3 GHZ
16 GIG DDR3 RAM
Strix GTX 970 OC EDITION
WIN 10 64

it's *not* all?
answering that would reveal spoilers?

I ask because I'm trying to understand the scale of the game Big Grin

(02-02-2014, 10:01 AM)Dark_Ansem Wrote: it's *not* all?
answering that would reveal spoilers?

I ask because I'm trying to understand the scale of the game Big Grin

Than I can say it like this. In final game we'll have the entire starchart (currently in the game), and another separate area that is not as big as this starchart, but will offer a bit of additional exploration Smile

excellent. I can only dream of what that will be Big Grin