Current time: 09-21-2014, 06:05 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Current time: 09-21-2014, 06:05 PM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Welcome newcomers! Familiarize yourself with SPG 2.
09-11-2013, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2013 09:40 AM by zzokalj.)
Welcome newcomers! Familiarize yourself with SPG 2.
Starpoint Gemini aplha is out for a few days now but community feedback is awesome. I will try to compile all the useful links and tips which should answer majority of your questions related to the game and save you some time of browsing the forum in search for answers. Of course, feel free to start your own topics and post your questions or ideas in the other parts of the forum. Smile

Map of the galaxy (courtesy of Phlintlock). Click on the map for high quality version.

[Image: Mapthumb_zps7e8f90ba.png]

Available ships and their locations - updated regulary (courtesy of SlavePuppet)

Starpoint Gemini 2 (Alpha) Manual - Loading on Steam server seems to take a bit longer.

List of all known bugs updated regulary (courtesy of SlavePuppet)

Obtaining money for dummies by exploiting the poor game (courtesy of ledhead900)

[Image: zzokalj.png]

DELL PRECISION M4600

i7-2720QM @2.20 GHz, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, ATI M5950 1GB GDDR5, DELL P2414H, RAZER TAIPAN, LOGITECH G510
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 09:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 07:54 AM by zzokalj.)
RE: Welcome newcomers! Familiarize yourself with SPG 2.
I wrote a Starpoint Gemini 2 Guide on Steam guides so new people can see what's it all about and come here. Smile

You can find it here:
Unofficial SPG2 Guide on Steam
09-16-2013, 07:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-16-2013 07:55 AM by zzokalj.)
Vovolov made us a nice wiki page. Here's the link:

Starpoint Gemini 2 Wiki (courtesy of Vovolov)
12-18-2013, 06:44 AM
I have to tell you, I just bought the G2 alpha game on steam and didn't get out of the gate with it.
I have been an EVE and Sins of Solar Empire player for a few years and sort of expected more.

by more I mean, a better start up.

If you want the average joe gamer that likes space games, you absolutely need the following.

1) A First Mission that holds your hand through most of the game functions, that can be done slowly if needed with easy kills.
2) An instructor that gives you an idea what you can do in the game.

I really want indies to make it with these games, but I am just going to uninstall to free up space.

Best wishes, and please take the comments with the understanding that I signed up to this forum and posted, not because I am mad at the purchase, but because I want publishers to get better at making games. I just don't have the time to dive into the forums to see if I like a game or not and to learn the basics... this one i have no idea if it's any fun since the startup was so bad.
Find all posts by this user
12-18-2013, 09:15 AM
Sorry you have had a bad start oldeveplayer, being its an ALpha release many such things are currently not implemented (fully) into the game yet.

But may I ask what did you actually have difficulty with. Being an old Space gamer, coming from the days of Elite on C64 iright upto Eve online, I had no issues getting going right away in the sandbox style the game is currently in. Even the very basic tutorial that pops up pretty much explains everything you pretty much need to know (Even though I ticked don't show again on my initial game) I still found everything quite simple to get into.

Hopefully in the future when SPG2 gets closer to official release you may return and enjoy the game in all its glory Smile

Cheers

[Image: Squadron43_zpsa89973a3.jpg]
http://www.twitch.tv/webferret - My stream
12-18-2013, 09:38 AM
Well said Tanvaras, you get a rep Smile

[Image: Squadron43_zpsa89973a3.jpg]
Also known as FastJack I am a super freak SPG2 space monkey...
12-18-2013, 11:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2013 11:47 AM by zzokalj.)
(12-18-2013 06:44 AM)oldeveplayer Wrote:  I have to tell you, I just bought the G2 alpha game on steam and didn't get out of the gate with it.
I have been an EVE and Sins of Solar Empire player for a few years and sort of expected more.

by more I mean, a better start up.

If you want the average joe gamer that likes space games, you absolutely need the following.

1) A First Mission that holds your hand through most of the game functions, that can be done slowly if needed with easy kills.
2) An instructor that gives you an idea what you can do in the game.

I really want indies to make it with these games, but I am just going to uninstall to free up space.

Best wishes, and please take the comments with the understanding that I signed up to this forum and posted, not because I am mad at the purchase, but because I want publishers to get better at making games. I just don't have the time to dive into the forums to see if I like a game or not and to learn the basics... this one i have no idea if it's any fun since the startup was so bad.

First of all, you bought the game that isn't finished and much more content will come in the following months. Second, both of your requirements point to the same thing - Tutorial. Wink

It's a shame you didn't read Steam Community pages and official forum before purchase cause they you would know what to expect from an early access game. I hope you'll check it again after full version is released. If you are SoSE and EvE fan, I doubt you will be disappointed in the full version.

Also I would like to add that majority of the people here are not your average joe players, but hardcore space gamers and captains that not only recognized the value of SPG2 but also started getting deeper into it by developing various mods like Mass Effect or Star Wars...

[Image: zzokalj.png]

DELL PRECISION M4600

i7-2720QM @2.20 GHz, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, ATI M5950 1GB GDDR5, DELL P2414H, RAZER TAIPAN, LOGITECH G510
03-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Greetings from me.

I'm newbie on this forum and would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for who providing this wonderful forum, and I hope I can get more knowledge from this forum.

Thank you.
03-08-2014, 10:46 AM
(03-08-2014 09:50 AM)mehr672 Wrote:  Greetings from me.

I'm newbie on this forum and would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for who providing this wonderful forum, and I hope I can get more knowledge from this forum.

Thank you.

hi and welcome to the home of SPG2!

" Ah duct tape turning no no no in to mmpht mmpht mmpht for over 50 years"

[Image: 549193_10153678357335271_1892220275_n.jpg]
I7 950 @3.3 GHZ
12 GIG DDR3 RAM
GTX 670 OC EDITION + 9600GT (FOR PHYSX)
WIN 7 64
03-10-2014, 10:32 AM
(03-08-2014 09:50 AM)mehr672 Wrote:  Greetings from me.

Thank you.

Welcome welcome! Poke us with questions and suggestions whenever you feel like it Smile